Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Because it's a curl up with good book and a hot cup of chai kind of day...

The only thing that could make this day more cozy would be huge snowflakes outside my window and some fuzzy slippers.

But, for some odd reason, our weather has decided to take a break from the frigid temperatures and grace us with some warm sunshine.

So, no fuzzy slippers for me, but I do plan on a cup of chai (along with a good book) as soon as I'm done writing.

I am just about finished reading Your Oasis on Flame Lake, by Lorna Landvick, and I have loved it from the very beginning. The first book I read of hers was Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons, and from then on, she's been a favorite author of mine.

I hate to be without a book to read, so I figured we better high tail it to the library so I'd have a book waiting for me when I finish this one.

Kaylee and I made a trip to the library this morning and picked out some new books, but as soon as she started going ballistic, we bee lined it to the car and came back home.

I really, really wanted to read Hunger Games because Tiffany has put it right up there next to the Twilight series classifying it as official "crackliture." I've heard raving reviews about here and there on different blogs, and so I'm dying to get my hands on it. But, the library didn't have a copy available, and I'm an instant gratification kind of girl, so I moved on to my second choice.

I chose this little gem - A Girl Named Zippy - which I am fulling expecting to be fabulous because Jenners, author of the blog Life With a Little One and More (one of my very first blogging buddies) recommended it on her book blog, Find Your Next Book Here. The book is a memoir of a girl who grew up in a small town (I, too, happen to be a small town girl), and it's supposed to be just delightful.

Which is something I need more of in my life - delightfulness.

Kaylee and I got home, and I proceeded to put in her newest video - some variation of Play With Me Sesame that she picked out at the library. I did my best to provide her with cheese, milk, crayons, and lovable, furry old Grover while I sat there on the couch and read more of my book.

Eventually, the movie ended, so we moved into her room for a change of scenery. The sun hits her room about midday, so I opened the blinds and curled up there on the floor in a patch of sunlight just like my old cat, Molly, would have done.

Kaylee played and I read, basked in the sunlight and relaxed. And of course, we played here and there.

Sure, there were other ways we could have spent the time. We could have gone to the store, done the laundry, or cleaned the house.

But, we didn't.

Because it's a curl up with a good book and a hot cup of chai kind of day.

6 comments:

Loukia said...

That sounds like a perfect day, if you ask me! I too can never be without a book... I have a stack piled up on my night table... because when I get near the end of a good book, I need to know another book is ready for me to begin!

Gaia said...

Lovely way to spend the day. I was reading your earlier post on cutting back. Doing that too, guess everyone, everywhere is trying to make ends meet. We are just have to be contended with what we have and truly appreciate the simple things life has to offer.

Molly said...

Sometimes those days are just what the Dr ordered! Cooper was sick today and we sat around in our jammies, occasionally playing, but mostly snuggled on the couch.
I wonder if I was named after your old cat, or the other way around?

Alicia said...

awww i love days like those! and that reminds me, i need to go to the library, i'm ALL out of books and i'm dying over here! i hope you're having a good week!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll have to get Hunger Games. I'm always up for finding more book crack.

Jenners said...

I tell you, if I hear about "The Hunger Games" one more time, I'm going to vomit. Everyone seems to love it though.

And I'm so honored that you picked out a book based on something I said. I hope you like it!!!!!

 
ss_blog_claim=e944dbd713f37d550ebdc4631fb44f56