I love lists. I'm one of those people that has to make a list for everything. To Do lists are the most common lists you'll find around my house, and I'm so OCD about my lists, that if I do something that's not on my list, I'll write it on at the bottom just so I can cross it off. It's pathetic - I know...
So, since I like lists so much, I'm very excited to share a top 10 list with you - this list is in no particular order, though. Jenners over at Life with a Little One and More is playing a fun little game and assigned me the Letter M, so everything on my list must start with the letter M. When you're done here, bop on over to read Life With a Little One and More - Jenners is hilarious and you will quickly become addicted to her blog - I guarantee it. Ok, on with my list!
1. Mashed potatoes.
I friggin' love mashed potatoes. They're just so good. My favorite is when my mom or mother-in-law makes them from scratch and they have lumps in them. And, they've gotta be real buttery with salt on them, too. When I was pregnant I'd eat platefuls of mashed potatoes with brown gravy. Holy heaven they hit the spot like no other. I love mashed potatoes with all my heart.
2. Mom - I seriously don't know what I'd do without her. I'm so lucky she lives close to us. She loves to go shopping as much as I do, so we have fun window shopping or "for real" shopping, and she's just so patient while I try on clothes. She's an awesome Grandma to Kaylee and she's really funny, too. Even though she's 10 minutes away from me, we can still talk on the phone for hours at a time. It baffles my husband and dad to no end.
I've always loved to read, and before Kaylee was born, I read tons of books. But, since she's been born, I've found it much easier to read magazines. It's just nice to be able to pick it up and finish a quick article instead of starting a book, putting it down for a week, and then having to re-read a chapter because I can't remember a darn thing I read before. I've got subscriptions to Parents and Parenting, which I love. And a friend lets me borrow her Better Homes and Gardens when she's done with them. My mom just gave me Working Mom and several copies of Natural Living or Natural Health, Natural Something or other - I can't remember. Anyway, I'm a big fan of magazines.
4. Mother-in-law. I feel really lucky to have such a great mother-in-law. She's got some mad cooking skills and many a time I leave her house after lunch or dinner wishing I'd worn sweatpants instead of my fit-just-right jeans. She's also got sweet sewing skills, and is just super supportive, and she's also a wonderful Grandma.
Yes, you read that right. Monks. A while back Dennis was downloading some new tunes. He chose these Gregorian Chants sung by monks because they're so relaxing. Well, he was home alone with the baby and she was fussing and crying in the nursery. He had just burned the CD and so he took it into her room because that's where the nearest CD player is - he wanted to make sure it worked. He pops in the monks, and silence ensues. Every night since that time, we put the monks on when it's time for bed, and they lull Kaylee to sleep peacefully. They also help calm her down during the day if she's fussy.
6. Mommy and Me. I try to go to Mommy and Me as often as I can at our local YMCA. When I got set to go to my first class, I was convinced it would be total cake. I'm like, "Hmmm, a bunch of moms, pushing their babies in strollers, talking, eh - no problem." WRONG. It was harder than any group fitness class I've ever taken. The instructor is relentless and it seriously feels like boot camp. So, I leave feeling really good - I work my butt off and can usually feel the after effects for at least a day or two. It also provides me with a fun place to go to get out of the house and to chat it up with other mamas. I've met some great ladies there.
7. Mini Me.
I just love her so much. Even if she absolutely refuses to be on any sort of schedule so as to provide my days with some semblance of order, she's such a good baby, and she's so darn entertaining and cute. We are SO blessed to have her.
8. Monkey Bread. Holy Toledo, have you ever had it? Oh my goodness. I think I need to make some. Now. It's SO friggin' good. Especially fresh out of the oven when it's nice and gooey and warm. You make it with biscuits or dinner rolls in a bundt pan and then you sprinkle a concoction of instant pudding mix, butter, cinnamon and sugar over the top and let it bake. I swear it's got crack or some other addictive property in it because it's nearly impossible to stop eating it. One of the best food inventions EVER.
9. Mini Me's Dad.
I seriously have the world's most patient and hilarious husband ever. He puts up with my NON-STOP talking and babbling, and he put up with me in my pre-ABP days - how he ever did that is beyond me. He's an incredible father to Kaylee, and he never, ever fails to make me laugh. Every day. I love him so much.
10. Motherlode Cake from Claim Jumper.
Yes, I realize that a lot of my items are food-related. I won't lie to you. I love to eat. Once you eat Motherlode cake, you never go back. I seriously think it's got 6 layers of chocolatey goodness, and most of the time I get sick after eating it because I eat so much. But, I keep coming back for more. I just can't help it. It will feed at least 5 or more people, depending on how ravenous everyone is.
So, there you have it! 10 of my favorite things that start with the letter M. Wanna play? Leave me a comment telling me you want to play, and I'll assign you a letter.