Monday, January 26, 2009

I'll take a twisty-doo and a sprinkshmitz, please

It's time again for Tuesday's Tribute, which I've come to look forward to each week, just as I look forward to Mama Kat's Thursday Writer's Workshop. The point of Tuesday's Tribute is to focus on someone or something other than yourself. I know, it's crazy, and it's really difficult and sometimes painful to not talk about myself on my blog, but I enjoy a good challenge, so that's why I participate.

So, for the past three weeks, I've written my Tuesday's Tributes about Jen, my brother, and the unforgettable Dr. K. All people I have actually MET. So, it's time to switch things up a bit.

This week, I'd like to introduce you to Brian Regan - someone I've never met, and also one of my favorite funny guys.

Maybe you already know about him and think he's hilarious. If not, then hopefully you'll get a good laugh and become a fan today. Humor is the meat and potatoes of my blog, so today, you'll get a little humor from someone other than me.

This is the kind of stuff he says...

On being stupid...

" I would have been a lot better off if I’d studied more when I was growing up, y’know. But you know where it all went wrong was the day they started the spelling bee. Because up until that day I was an idiot, but nobody else knew."

On saying stupid things...

"You know when you say something but you want to change in the middle? Like one time I was about to say 'take care' but changed in the middle to 'good luck' so it sounded like TAKE LUCK.. If you have any luck take care of it. Take luck you now. SHUT UP!"

On first class...

"So when you do get on, the first class people are already sitting there; they're all sprawled out on their big thrones. "Bring me the head of a pig! And a goblet of something cool and refreshing! Anyone have a fiddle? Amuse me."

The Donut Lady is one of my favorite Brian Regan routines, so I'm hoping it gives you a chuckle.



Oh, and one more thing. Summer over at Le Musings of Moi is doing a sweet giveaway as a thank you to her blog followers. You definitely need to head on over and check her out.

Tuesday's Tribute
A Jay and Deb Production.

17 comments:

Deb said...

oh this is great! boy i love to laugh and this was much needed! love the first class bit. they really should make them board last.

Kim said...

Ooohhh, I love donuts, too! I thought about doing my Tuesday Tribute to donuts, but then changed my mind. Maybe next time.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Halftime Lessons said...

OMG that cracked me up...GREAT referral...and Tribute!! And by the way, I LOVE Summer. And yes, I am on my way to her blog to tell her how much I LOVE SERA.

Ash said...

Brian Regan is one of my all-time favorites.

Have you seen the Pop Tart routine?

If not, try Googling it - I cry every stinkin' time!

Sera said...

The Pop Tart routine is CLASSIC!!! We love Pop Tarts in this house, so there's usually a joke about how we could just microwave it for three seconds!

Ruth said...

I'll have to listen about the donuts tomorrow when Noelle is awake... but he's funny so far! I can't believe I've never heard of him. ITA about boarding first class first.

Sera said...

I think you'll like him, Ruth. He's even funnier when you can see video clips - he's got great facial expressions and body language. And, he's hilarious without being raunchy - that's one thing we really like about him. Hope you get a good night's sleep!

Summer said...

Sooo funny! I love it!!!

And thanks for blogging about the giveaway!

You really are so awesome!

hugs...Summer

t said...

FUNNY stuff....and as for your blog...glad I found it! I'm having a bit of a hard time with my TYPE A personality not wanting to head over and cleaning your room (previous post) but I see you did a great job yourself!!:-)

Candice said...

I've never heard of that guy, but he is pretty funny. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

Jaime said...

Brian Regan is so funny! My sister quotes him sometimes!
I like your blog. It's very cute and fun.
Thanks for visiting me today!:)

Annie said...

Never heard of him until now! How funny!

The Frugal Angel-Guided Psychic said...

Thanks for this post. I've never heard of him before and am having fun listening :)

Jen said...

Awesome! He is great.

Jenners said...

I must admit that I've never heard of him...but as someone who recently flew first class, I must say I found his one comment completely offensive! I asked for PIANO music, not fiddle music. Hmph.

Rachel Ann said...

Thank you for stopping by on my SITS day last week. I appreciated all the bloggy love! Sorry I'm so long in returning the favor!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL a friend of mine sent me a few of this guy's videos - I'd never heard of him before but he's Hilarious!:) Thanks for sharing!

 
ss_blog_claim=e944dbd713f37d550ebdc4631fb44f56