Monday, August 31, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute - To 3-hour naps and hail storms

I remember when I thought this day would never come...

The day my baby girl would actually NAP. Before she was one, she was on a napping strike, and it drove me batty. Her pediatrician said it was fine. I said, "No, it's NOT fine! It's driving me CRAYZAY!!!" Seriously, I don't know how I made it through the first year with no naps from my child.

Thankfully, she's now at this miraculous point in her life where she is ready for a nap around 11 or 11:30, and if I don't have her in her bed, she actually asks for "night night." Usually, I get about 2 hours from her, which is great.

Gives me time to blog, watch TV, do chores, not do chores. It's fabulous.

Well, today, we had a monster hail and rain storm, so I shut off the computers so they didn't get zapped if lightning struck close by or something.

I had just put the baby down for a nap and turned off the computer, and then my 3 hours (now...close to FOUR) of bliss began. I was so thankful for the storm because the computer is a HUGE distraction for me, and to be quite honest, it's also quite an escape. I can pretend there are no chores to be done, no bills to be paid, no stress. But, without the distraction, I got so much done!

Two epidoes of Army Wives were watched.
Two loads of laundry were completed.
Lunch was eaten.
A snack was eaten.
Lots of water was consumed.
Many trips to the bathroom followed.
I matched (or threw away) the socks from the bag of socks who lost their match.
I filled a bag of old clothes to donate, and a bag to trade in for credit at a resale store.
I had a conversation with my brother.
I talked to my husband.

It. was. AMAZING. 3-hour nap - you are my new favorite thing. I love you. Dearly. Please come back to me. Tomorrow? And the next day?

Now, go ahead and march your little bootie on over to Angie's 7 Clown Circus for more Tuesday Tributes.

6 comments:

Loukia said...

3 hour naps are amazing, are they not!? Yay for 3 hour naps! :) Lovely blog you have here! Hello!

kisatrtle said...

Hurray for 3 hour naps. May they visit your household frequently. of course after reading your post I realized I put all three of mine on the bus two hours ago and have yet to accomplish half the things on your list. Time to hit the power switch on this thing!

Anonymous said...

I remember those days. My son doesn't nap anymore. Or if he does, it's at 5 in the afternoon which DOES NOT go over well.

Claremont First Ward said...

Here's to many more 3 hour naps. You got a lot done. I'm going to pray for a 3 hour nap around here. :)

Fiauna said...

Nice. 3 hour naps. I hope it makes frequent returns.

Molly said...

Awesome! I am so hoping for this really soon!

 
ss_blog_claim=e944dbd713f37d550ebdc4631fb44f56