Friday, October 23, 2009

The lowdown on my Vegas vacation

Time for a recap of my recent trip to VEGAS, baby!

It was a girls weekend filled with decadent food, nights on the town, relaxation and friends.

I arrived at the Venetian and was absolutely floored by how fancy it was. Paintings on the ceilings, glitz and glamor everywhere, little Italian men walking around the indoor fountains playing the accordian - it was unbelievable. And then I got to the room, which looked like THIS:

Cushy, heavenly blankets and pillows...















... a living room to hang with the girls...















... and one incredible bathroom...















Yes. That is a TV in the bathroom. Facing the tub. And yes, I watched TV in the tub while I ate a Krispy Kreme donut. At 1 in the morning.

My roommates, Rachel and Summer, arrived shortly after I did, and we wasted no time in getting ready for our night out.

Here's Rachel and I getting all glamorous.



















We clean up rather nicely, wouldn't ya say?














So, after we got all beautimous, it was off to the SITS dance party, in our own private ballroom. But first, we all got to walk the red carpet (seriously - they had a freakin' red carpet!) and stop for a pose.



















Here's a bunch of us hotties getting down with our bad selves at the party.













(Rachel, Kathy, me, Jen, and Summer)

After the SITS party it was on to Club Tao, which was THE "it" place to be since Kim Kardashian was there for her birthday. We saw her throw a fit before the party (surrounded by her massive bodyguards), and some shrimpy guy was standing in front of her videotaping the whole thing. She's so tiny! And gorgeous, of course. I didn't have my camera with me, but here's a picture of Kim, just for good measure.



















Come to find out, K Fed was there that night, too. I'm so heartbroken I didn't get to feast my eyes upon that. (Kidding, I'm kidding...seriously.)



















The next day was filled with speakers, a catered lunch, and then another evening out on the town, but toned down quite a bit. No celebrity sightings and no mobs of crazy drunk people.

This, my friends was my delectable dessert at lunch. And yes, I was so excited about it that I took its picture. Do you SEE that huge piece of curled chocolate. H-E-A-V-E-N.


















In between lunch and our night out, I had some time to myself, so I went frolicking about, pretending I was in Italy. I never did get my gondola ride, but one of the Italian gray-ponytail-toting accordian players did say it was time for "my song" and proceeded to play The Chicken Dance for me. Anyway, isn't this just a heavenly sight? And to think - the sky is not even real - it's a painting. Loved it...















After my time pretending, me and some other hotties hit the town for dinner and some shopping for the kidlets. Here's me and the girls, posing with the likeness of the hotness known as The Rock. Mmmmm.














Me, Kristi, Bobbi, Alicia, Margarita, and Connie

Hands down, my favorite part of the whole weekend was getting to meet friends for the first time, and getting to meet so many new friends. The girl time was the best. And the break from reality wasn't bad, either.

Thanks to Tiffany and Heather for putting together one heck of a weekend for all of us!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Great pictures. Glad you had fun. :)

Alicia said...

whoop whoop!! it was fun wasn't it!? i bet next year will be better since we already know each other!! i'm so glad we got to know eachother! have a fabulous weekend!!

Connie said...

Your song is the Chicken Dance? LOL!

Loved meeting you!

Deb said...

oh now geez... i want to say oh wow, what fun! lucky you! ... but i am a little jealous and sad that i didn't get to go and hang out with you and your new BFF, kim kardashian. you know she borrowed that dress from me.

Bobbi said...

It was so great meeting you!

I had a blast with you girls! Next year will be even better!

Molly said...

How fun! I was so dissapointed that I didn't get to go. My in-laws were supposed to be here and changed plans at the last freakin minute! Oh well, always next year!
You are gorgeous lady!

Melissa B. said...

How fun! I guess what happens in Vegas doesn't really stay in Vegas, huh?

Anonymous said...

I really want to go next year. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

I want to meet celebrities even if they are only Kim K. and K Fed.

Sassy Chica said...

What a fabulous post!! I heart your blog and the graphics are delightful! I am so happy to have rubbed elbows with you...you my friend are FABULOUS AND GORGEOUS!

Smooches,
Sassy Chica

I am in kahoots with some of the other Sassy gals to see if we can plan another Girls Vaca soon! I just posted my saucy story on Vegas today.

Claremont First Ward said...

You, Summer and Jen are seriously the cutest.

Weren't those rooms amazing?

So glad for the opportunity to meet you!

Great recap!

Claremont First Ward said...

I meant Rachel.

I'm pretty sure I'm losing my mind.

 
ss_blog_claim=e944dbd713f37d550ebdc4631fb44f56