Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wordful Wednesday - Ghosts from Halloween Past

If I said that we are the type of people that go all out for Halloween and really prepare ahead of time, I'd totally be lying to you.

So, let me tell you how it goes every year.

Each October, on either the 30th or the 31st, Dennis and I look at each other and say, "Uh. Well. Um, so what should we dress up as this year?"

Our first year of marriage we lived in married student housing at our university, and we were so excited to hand out candy to all the cute little kids. Unfortunately, when you go to the store to get a costume on the afternoon of October 31st, there's pretty much squat left to choose from.

I ended up with a black witch hat that had purple hair attached to it.

Dennis got a crazy Frankenstein mask, and I think we stuffed socks under the shoulders of his jacket to make him look even more...monster-ish?

Last year we pulled our costumes together literally a couple hours before we had to be somewhere for Halloween. I ended up going to my parents' house to snag my brother's baseball gear and I dressed up as a baseball player.

Dennis somehow ended up with a rather nasty looking beard, put a stuffed squirrel in it (not an actual stuffed squirrel - see picture below for what I'm talking about), wore a checkered shirt, and actually ended up being quite a believable lumberjack.

But, last year I did plan ahead for Kaylee. She was just 6 months old, so we didn't get too crazy, but boy, oh, boy was she ever the cutest little ladybug you ever did see.

And this year, her costume is even cuter. Just you wait and see.


Head on over to 7 Clown Circus to check out more fun Wordful Wednesday posts AND enter to win a SWEET Flip video camera while you're there.

17 comments:

ptwammy said...

So, I wonder what you and Dennis will be wearing this year...

Liz Mays said...

Did your football helmet have a neck brace on it?

S Club Mama said...

If ever I have a little girl, I would dress her as a ladybug. How darling.

Sera said...

Blueviolet - it's a baseball catcher's mask - that thing I think you're referring to is a chin pad. It was not a comfortable helmet at all - I have no idea how my brother wore it for entire games.

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

He looks like NOAH!! lol... Noahs ark.

and the squirrel is hilarious.
xoxo

Lisa Anne said...

You look so young in the witch costume and I love the frankenstein costume. Classic. I wish my boyfriend and I had a reason to dress up. We don't. I love Halloween!

Jen said...

I too am just like this. I head to the store at the last minute to find costumes. Sometimes it works and I score things at half off and sometimes the kids just wear PJ's and are a PJ monster.

Cascia Talbert said...

Cool shots! Have a wonderful day!

Alicia said...

i love the lumberjack costume!! that squirrel cracked me up! and seriously you look adorable as a baseball player! and KAYLEE oh my goodness look at her sweet little face!! you have to come look at these pics i just posted of presley....she and kaylee match!

Sassy Chica said...

I heart the purple hair and witch costume, I think it makes you look HOT!

Smooches,
Sassy Chica

can't wait to see more pics

Mayhem and Moxie said...

The look from under your witch hat with the purple hair is perfection. Totally made me laugh out loud!

Hope this year is just as good@

Allison said...

Great photos. It is fun looking back. I love the look on her face in the last photo.

Visiting via Angie's blog! cute blog design.

Jenners said...

Hey -- for not planning ahead, you guys look awesome and incredibly cute! Can't wait to see Kaylee's costume this year. God I love Halloween!

Claremont First Ward said...

I LOVE the Frankenstein costume. Do you know that for some reason your comments section of your blog comes up as a parental block for me now? Weird.

Sassy Chica said...

I think you and your blog are fabulous and have a little something waiting for you!

Laura said...

Oh, oh, oh I'm super excited. Such cute costumes and I love you as a witch! Thanx for stopping by Under the Sheets~shhh and I loved our Vegas lunch. Please tell Kim Kardashian I say hi xoxo

Molly said...

What great costume ideas! Love the purple hair!

 
ss_blog_claim=e944dbd713f37d550ebdc4631fb44f56